Image Map

Monday 2 July 2012

Prom Makeup

In my Prom Shoes & Accessories post I said that I would like to show you what makeup I wore to prom, so here it is! For prom I had a spray tan (about 3 shades darker) so I had to use the darker shades of makeup I owned. It's a brown/ golden smoky eye with a nude pink lip, so it's pretty wearable for many people. Just so you know there's quite a few photos in this post! Links are also provided.

 Face Makeup

  
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation in 40 Creamy Ivory: I applied this to my whole face and neck with a flat foundation brush. Despite this being the lightest shade in this foundation range it seemed to blend in well with my skin tone. Also, I didn't want a foundation with SPF in as it does not photograph well.

Natural Collection Cover-up Stick in Medium: I was quite lucky to have kept this from a holiday last year, so I was able to mix this with my foundation on my hand to make it a little bit darker

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2: I applied this under my eyes and around my nose and chin for extra coverage.

Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent: I lightly dusted this product over my face and focused on oiler areas such as the nose and chin.

Eye Makeup





 






Benefit Sha La Lovely Eye Primping Kit: I use this darker eye shadow shade to define my eyebrows with the mini concealer brsuh. I have to apply this quite lightly, but it does the job well!

Urban Decay Naked Palette using Sidecar, Smog, Darkhorse and Virgin: firstly I applied the Urban Decay Primer Potion that comes with this palette to prep my eyes. I applied Sidecar all over the lid with the flat eyeshadow brush in the palette. I love this eyeshadow, it's a gorgeous silver taupe with lots of glitter. Into the crease I applied Smog which is a darker golden brown. Then into the outer corner I applied Darkhorse which is a very dark brown with a small amount of gold glitter. Finally into the inner corner of my eye and my brow bone, I applied Virgin to highlight these areas.


2True Effortless Liquid Eyeliner in 1 Black: I applied this to the lash line to create a medium sized line to make my lashes appear fuller. If you haven't tried this product yet, do! It's £1.99 from Superdrug and is great quality! It's very black and lasts all day/ night.

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black: I apply this first to lengthen my lashes and give them some volume.

Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Mascara in Black: whilst the Maybelline mascara is still wet I apply the Thick and Fast mascara to build up even more volume. As I wasn't wearing false eyelashes I wanted really volumised eyelashes through my mascara.

Lip Makeup


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Stick in Nude Pink: I applied this first to give my lips a shimmery pink base. It has a fair amount of glitter in so gives a frosty finish.

Revlon Colourstay Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake: to warm this lipstick up I applied this lip butter to give a brighter flush of pink and cancel out some of the frosty finish. The overall look was a shimmery pink lip.


And this is what my makeup looked like on the night! This picture isn't great quality because it wasn't taken on a proper camera. I hope you liked the look!

Did you go to prom this year?

Amie

13 comments:

  1. aww you looked lovely! I hope you had a great time xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous! i LOVE that maybelline mascara! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog!
    This is a great post, you look lovely!
    I am now following you, you have such a cute blog! :)
    Follow back if you like

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. your prom makeup its lovely! i have recently picked up a revlon lip butter and its not very pigmented at all, im really not enjoying it haha! I remember my prom 2 years ago, I got my makeup done at a salon and it was TERRIBLE! so much better doing your own I think, or going professional! loving your blog by the way, check mine out if you get a sec :)

    xxxxxxxxxx

    allthatjazzle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) oh no! There are some in the line that are pigmented, but I don't think they're supposed to be like a lipstick, more like a very tinted lip balm product :) I agree! I'll come check yours out now :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Stunning makeup you looked absolutely beautiful, hope your prom was magical!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog!! you looked lovely <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwh you looked lovely! Hope you had a great night :)
    eleanorgrace95.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, great post!
    Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite lip butter :P
    You look lovely sweet :)

    I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, yay!
    Take a look at my blog post if you’re interested!
    Amy xx
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...